Sunday 27 November 2011

Lovely Lemon Cake

My awesome father-n-law, Pete, gave me a big bag of lemons yesterday, so I thought I would use a few of them to make my favourite lemon cake. It's an absolute gem, this recipe. I like the fact that you don't have to fuss with icing (or frosting for all you Northern hemisphere peeps). It's yummy on it's own with a coffee, or serve it with berries and yoghurt on the side for dessert. Delicious!


Vic's Lemon Yogurt Cake:
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1 cup canola oil
rind of 2 lemons
2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain yoghurt
2 cups self raising flour
for top of cake:
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons of sugar


Beat sugar, oil, rind, juice, eggs and salt. Add yoghurt and combine. Carefully stir in the sifted flour. Pour mixture into lined cake tin. Bake at 150°C for about 50 minutes. When the cake is cooked, pour extra lemon juice on top and sprinkle with sugar. Enjoy.


picture source

5 comments :

  1. This looks absolutely delicious Vic! Thanks for the recipe, I will definitely be giving this one a go. Hope you ha a wonderful weekend, Sasha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, this looks yummy! We say icing here in Ireland too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Vic I know what I will be doing today! thanks. Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very last minute, I had people over for super on Monday night. I made your cake as I was getting the girls' supper ready and it was AMAZING! I was asked for the recipe by very good cooks who said this was the nicest lemon cake they had ever tasted. Thank YOU! This is the easiest cake and it really is delicious. Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipes of Lovely Lemon Cake this cake look really is delicious i will made it soon..

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips