Wednesday 10 July 2013

Rue Issue 20

The latest Rue magazine is out and there is some fabulous inspiration to be found.




As well as weddings, recipes, and shopping inspiration, there is an amazing Oakland apartment belonging to Lisa Baird and her architect husband, Jeremy. It's one of those special homes where every corner has a story to tell.




The vintage barrel swivel chairs in the living room have to be my favourite pieces. But I also love the gorgeous marbleized elephant which once belonged to Lisa's grandparents.




Another favourite is the photograph in their bedroom. It's of the Santa Barbara coast, and was taken out of the window of a moving car by Lisa, with her iPhone... impressive! She had it enlarged and framed - a memory captured for ever.




You'll love the article about Stephanie Bradshaw's beautiful design studio. The large framed mood boards have inspired me to do something similar for my tween daughter's room. The glossy painted frame is a fancier alternative to a standard pin board.




The dining table in this New York loft is a-ma-zing, I can't tell you how much I want it. The whole room is incredibly simple and stylish, with the kids' art looking cool, casually tacked to the back wall.




These are some of my favourite excerpts, but there is so much more. Grab a cuppa and enjoy the whole magazine for yourself. 

3 comments :

  1. Oooh I look forward to reading, thanks Vic. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many good online mags out there but Rue is definitely my favourite! Can't wait to pursue at my leisure this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up Vic, I look forward to doing just that! x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips