Monday 29 September 2014

A Warm GC Welcome

I know I've been missing in action - last week was spent with my family in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast in Australia. It was an amazing holiday in a spectacular part of the world. It was all about the kids, so we did the theme parks, cuddled koalas, patted the kangaroos, and hit the beaches.




I left everything but my phone at home, and any internet access was few and far between. But you know you have the best job when you miss work while on holiday! It was brilliant quality family time, but I was craving some interior goodness. I did find inspiration in our tropical surroundings, in the tiles at Chocolateria San Churro (that place was dangerous!), and even managed to squeeze in a quick shopping trip to Black & Spiro - heaven! It's nice to come home though, even when the temperature's a good 10 degrees colder. I look forward to bringing you some great posts this week and catching up on all things interior.

6 comments :

  1. Hi, looks fab! We are off there next week, can't wait. Can you recommend any places to head to? Where were the koalas? Looks like SeaWorld, did you rate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I can recommend lots... the kids loved all the theme parks, we went to Movie World, Wet n Wild, and Sea World (my fave - go to the dolphin show). The koalas are at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - well worth it and a great beach there too. I also loved Burleigh Heads beach just down from Surfers. Right in Surfers town is a really yummy Italian restaurant called Vapianos. It was recommended by locals and became our favourite dining spot. It's at the beach end of Cavill St, upstairs. Have fun x

      Delete
  2. It's been ages since I stopped by and look at what I am missing! It's on my list of must dos now that I am this side of the world. Very special picture of your girls with a fuzzy koala - I'm told they smell? I'd like to think it doesn't detract from their cuteness??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Meghan - life got so busy, I hardly get time to visit other blogs. I must come and see you soon, I'd love to see what's happening for you in Australia. To be honest, I wouldn't have visited the theme parks if it wasn't for the kids, but I did enjoy Sea World. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary was great, and the koalas were super cute (only a tiny bit smelly). Currumbin and Burleigh Heads were great beaches, a bit quieter than Surfers, which I enjoyed. If we'd had longer I would've loved to visited Coolangatta and Byron Bay - next time. x

      Delete
    2. Glad you had a computer free break, I certainly need one and I think that you come back refreshed and full of new ideas.

      Lee :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Lee. Yes, you've got to do it sometimes x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips